Check out all the ways we help youth grow to be independent, service oriented leaders of tomorrow!
Easterseals continues to monitor and follow local, state, and national guidelines in regards to COVID-19. In addition, Easterseals is in close contact with various infectious disease experts through Nebraska Medicine and Visiting Nurse Association. We are currently developing safety protocols, screening processes, and policies as it pertains to each program offered. Due to limitations that COVID-19 presents, Easterseals has adapted its programs in order to safely operate.
For youth ages 6 - 15 without a disability or who have a disability but fit into a 1:8 ratio.
Not offered in 2021.
For youth ages 14 - 21 with a disability and/or an IEP. Typically offered as an overnight camp, but for 2021, is Day Camp.
For youth ages 15 - 25 with or with a disability.
Perfect for youth wanting to volunteer or to experience a job training program.
Trailblazers - Not offered 2021
Ages 6 - 15
Older youth may apply for ChangeMakers
Who is this for?
- Siblings of campers
- Friends of campers
- Youth without a disability
- Youth with a disability that can be safely supervised and supported in a 1:8 staff to camper ratio (that of a typical camp)
- Youth participate in all camp activities with our campers who have disabilities and bunk in the same cabins
- 1 hour each day, Trailblazers participate in an activity block to learn how to be a good friend, how to stick up for someone getting teased or bullied, and learn about what a disability is and isn't. Campers not in the Trailblazer program can participate too.
- Trailblazers are given a 'Challenge of the Day' that focuses on social skills focused on helping others, taking initiative, leading others, and how to introduce yourself to a new friend.
- Youth are exposed to abilities that are different than their own.
- Fears and apprehensions they may have about disabilities are removed.
- Youth gain empathy and leave camp empowered to advocate for themselves and others.
Although we strive to accept campers of all abilities, unfortunately, we are not able to safely support campers that need a ventilator, 1 on 1 nursing assistance , or those that need a hospital bed. Please let us know if you have any questions pertaining to your camper as we look at each ability level and assistance needs on a case by case basis. Thank you for understanding.